Yesterday morning, I got a call from Sitibank about some activity on my Double Cash card. This is NOT the call you want to get. I don’t remember all of it, so this is the jist of the call
- C – Hi, this is Siti. We are calling you based on some activity on your DC. This call is recorded.
- M – Okay….
- C – There have been multiple debit card payments to your account. Can you tell me the source of them?
- M – Yes, they are from my bank.
- C – From employment?
- M – Well yeah, employment pays my bank and I pay you guys via my bank debit card
- C – What is your annual income?
- M – Blah
- C – Why do you change debit cards?
- M – Because my bank has a daily limit
- C – Oh okay. I also noticed a lot of purchases of gift cards. What are these for?
- M – For gifts
- C – Were they for personal or business reasons?
- M – Personal
- C – Do you plan on continuing to use debit card payments and buying gift cards?
- M – NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
- C – Okay thank you for your time.
After we hung up, I immediately moved my TYP to Singapore. See, this is what I get for poking that bear with anonymous payments. For the record, I looked at my last statement and I only did $3K of debit payments. The funny thing is I was spending up to my $37K CL months ago and never got a call. I honestly think they called me due to my debit card payments, which I had only recently started up again and have now ended FOR GOOD… assuming I survive this. IF YOU ARE STILL MAKING DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS TO SITI, JUST STOP NOW! Don’t say I didn’t warn you.