It's been about a month now since I started Crossfit. I'll give a brief update. I don't plan on doing it monthly; maybe once a quarter. Anyway, here are the results so far:
- Weight – my weight has stayed the same. The instructor had told me this from the getgo. I think everyone knows that "muscle weighs more than fat," so I'm going to chalk up the lack of weight loss due to muscle gain. I'm okay with NOT having lost any weight since I started due to the reasons below.
- Clothes already fit better – I noticed it about 3 weeks in when one of my favorite jeans were noticeably looser than before. I've never worn a belt with them before, but now they were beginning to fall a little when I walk. Most of my shirts fit better now as well.
- Eating better – I don't believe in diets. I believe in moderation. I'll still eat Chick Fil A when I get a craving (maybe this explains the lack of weight loss,) but I just know that if you don't TREAT YO SELF, eventually when you stop working out, you'll probably blow the f* up. Working out however has curbed my sugar craving. Before this, I used to eat a handful of M&M's as a snack during work, but now I don't have the sugar craving anymore. It's not like I'm consciously trying to suppress the craving either; I just don't need/want to eat M&M's now.
- Already in better shape - It was rough walking up the stairs at work before, but now it's fine. I'm also okay with "walking the long way" back from lunch versus the short route. I'm also stronger and faster than before.
- Actually excited to go work out - I used to go to the gym when I was younger and I always dreaded it. Just because it was the same typical routine. Now I actually look forward to going to Crossfit because each day's exercise is different, so it makes it more exciting. I go 3 times a week now; I might push it up to 4 times soon. I also now go on runs a few times a week as well.
- Metabolism has kicked in - Right around week 3 was when I felt my metabolism kick in. It's that constant state of hunger feeling. I've started to drink protein shakes again to help with the workouts and using it as a snack.
I thought about posting some photos, but the change while noticeable isn't very dramatic. Plus, no one wants to see a naked guy. Maybe I'll post it at the 3 month mark. We'll see. On a side note, I did get 1 reader started in Crossfit as well as my local buddy, so that's a win in my book.