UPDATE – Sorry guys and gals. Man, that sold out in about 2 seconds. If you got a pair, email me and we can talk details.
Let me interrupt our daily scheduled programming to request the help from you guys. I need your help in buying some concert tickets for me. No, I’m not reselling these. I just have a lot of friends who missed out on the presale event on Wednesday. The presale tickets literally SOLD OUT in under a minute. I was able to get 4 tickets, but I still need more tickets.
So who is Kaskade you ask and what does his music sound like? Well, he’s a very popular EDM (electronic dance music) DJ that can sell out the Staples Center, but for some odd reason, he’s going to a venue with a capacity of like 250 in Seattle. So you can imagine his popularity and the demand for tickets. What does his music sound like? It sounds like this – “untz, untz, untz, untz.” Now I realize some of you just said, “wtf Vinh?” No, read it again. untz…untz…untz…untz… SAY WHAT VINH? Yes. Phonetically sound it out. untz…..untz…untz…untz. It is NOT “oontz oontz oontz oontz”…. then again, I guess that works too. Let’s try again all together…. untz, untz, untz…untz. Got it? Great. Now why do these young kids like this type of music? Beats me.
Anway, let’s get down to the details and tips for success:
- Link to buy – https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/931321
- GET ON A PC! Mobile will be too slow.
- Synch up your Windows clock! I find the default Windows time slowly lags over time. Synch it up to one of the .gov sites
- Double check your time again at http://www.time.gov/
- Five minutes before, maybe create an account with TicketFly and put in all your information like email, address, etc (I already had an account and skipped this step)
- Now, at 8:59AM, start to just keep hitting F5 or refresh on the page
- When the page magically appears, YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE to do this whole thing. C’mon soldier! Get ready!
- Note – you might see different ticket options. Just select 2 TICKETS next to the Quantity of the cheapest option you see and CHECKOUT.
- DO NOT TRY TO BUY 2 TICKETS AT ALL 4 TIERS like someone I know tried. Just pick ONE TIER (the cheapest), buy 2 Quantity and CHECK OUT!
- Don’t get cute and try to use an AGC (although that may work). I used my Discover 3% Miles card btw.
- I don’t know if the tickets are saved until you check out (like Ticketmaster) or if they can disappear while you are checking out (most likely)
- You have to treat this like a battle! You have to be fully prepared! Have your credit card ready! Be ready to Ctrl-V in your address if it’s too long. Type fast! EVERY SECOND COUNTS!
So what do you get in return for doing this for me? One, you learn how crazy it is to try and buy tickets for high-demand events. I know of at least 20 people who tried on Wednesday and all failed. If you do succeed in buying a pair of tickets, I will give you a unicorn. Well, not THE unicorn, but I can tell you a way to manufacture up to 30K SPG points FOR FREE per month ALL IN YOUR PAJAMAS! Which reminds me, I need to write a post about ‘pajama points.’ soon. If you don’t get the tickets, no harm no foul. Just be ready for the next battle! Let me end you with a quote fro one of my favorite movies of all time:
“Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and you’re already dead! Brothers: What we do in life echoes in Eternity.”
I realize that quote makes no sense; I just wanted to throw it in here. Where else could I post it? Well, I guess every trip to Walmart is a battle… Remember, Friday 9AM PST!